Going on a holiday with your kids is a great way to strengthen family bonds. It is also a way for them to enjoy and experience the world away from home – opening them up to different people, different sights and sounds, and different activities while they’re still young.
The Mornington Peninsula has a wide range of activities and exciting landscapes that both parents and children can enjoy. If you’re planning a vacation with your kids, here’s a fun 3-day itinerary to get the most out of your trip.
- Check in to one of Amberlee’s spacious cabins and villas equipped with all the amenities you need for the perfect home away from home experience.
- After settling in to your cabin, gather the kids together and explore the different kid-friendly facilities in the area. Head over to the children’s playground and let the kids enjoy the trampolines and sand pits. Feeling the heat of the sun? Take a dip in Amberlee’s securely fenced swimming pool. We have a toddler’s lagoon pool with a shade cloth cover and mushroom water fountains that the kids will truly enjoy.
- Feed your hungry tummies by checking out the restaurants around the neighbourhood. Checkout Fratelli Frankston for some good pizza and pasta. Here’s a tip – kids eat here for free every Wednesday! The Peninsula Club RSL is also another family-friendly restaurant that you can visit. They have a well-rounded menu consisting of various seafood, burgers, chicken, kid’s pizza and desserts!
- Gear up for an adventure at the countryside! Start your day with a hearty breakfast at the Georgie Bass Café and Cookery. They offer delicious dishes made with fresh and locally produced ingredients. Be sure to sample their eggs benedict with silken tofu hollandaise, ricotta hotcakes with banana and cocoa custard, and a bunch of pastries. They also have coffee and hot chocolate beverages for your family to enjoy. You’ll be all fuelled up for the day ahead.
- After having breakfast, head over to The Enchanted Adventure Garden. It features three hedge mazes, 5 giant tube slides, 20 themed gardens, an outdoor sculpture park and an indoor 3D maze. Be sure to have a go of their famous tree surfing activities!
- Next visit the Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm and let your kids enjoy strawberry picking. They also have a café where you can sample their indulgent strawberry desserts… yummmmmmmmmmm!
- Check out the Waterfront Reserve Foreshore Playground and let your children play with sandcastles and shaded sandpits. The playground is divided into areas suitable for toddlers and older children.
- Never leave the peninsula without visiting the Arthur’s Seat Eagle. Board their state-of-the-art gondola and fly over the breathtaking view of the Mornington Peninsula. If you’re lucky, you might even spot some wildlife along the way!
- Get ready for a safari adventure at the Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park. Allow your kids to be one with nature and meet the cute and cuddly animals living in the park. Get up close with the resident koalas, wallabies, and kangaroos. Say hello to the orange bellied parrots, red-tailed black cockatoos, and the unique bower birds. The park is also home to different amphibians, fishes, insects, and reptiles.
- Introduce your kids to some of Melbourne’s historical sites and landmarks such as the Point Nepean National Park. Here your little adventurers can learn about cool tunnels and military history.
- End your day with a visit to the Peninsula Hot Springs. By this time, you will all be feeling the need for some time out. Take a relaxing bath with the natural thermal mineral waters that flow into the pools and private baths. They have a children’s area where your kids can soak in the wooden buckets and baby bath shells. This is soooo good!
If you need any other ideas for entertaining your kids while staying with us on the Mornington Peninsula, please just give us a call… we’re here to help!